Welcome to another baseball season. Please read through this message before registering so that you are familiar with the various options that we offer.
As a reminder, Grand Forks Youth Baseball offers both local league baseball teams and travel baseball teams for ages 9u through 15u.
Local League Baseball Teams
- Skill level: Competitive
- Commitment: 2 days per week
- Season Start/End: April-July
- Games: typically 15-20
- Weekends: No games on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (except for one optional tournament)
- Price: $300 membership fee
AAA Travel Baseball Teams
- Skill level: Most Advanced
- Commitment: 3-5 days per week
- Season Start/End: March-July
- Weekends: Typically 2 weekends per month
- Price: $300 membership fee plus $250- $300 (9u-10u) or $350 (11u-15u) travel fee
- Travel fees will be based on tournaments provided or hosted
- Local League: 9u and 10u travels teams will play league. 11u-15u AAA teams will not play league.
AA Travel Baseball Teams
- Skill level: Advanced
- Commitment: 3-5 days per week (local league plus travel team)
- Season Start/End: March-July
- Weekends: Typically ~1 weekend per month
- Price: $300 membership fee plus $200-$250
- Local League: Required to play
- Tryouts: TBD
It should be noted that we strive to provide travel baseball opportunities to as many kids as possible that are interested. We hope to have at least 2 travel teams at each age level, if numbers and coaching is available. At the 9 year old level our goal is to have at least two AA teams, while at the 10u through 15u levels our goal is to have one AAA team and at least one AA team. Our travel teams are designed to give players an additional competitive baseball opportunity by playing some of the top competition in the area, state, and region. Grand Forks Baseball teams will be given the opportunity to travel to various tournaments throughout the area in the summer as well as the opportunity to compete in the North Dakota State tournament and beyond.
Those players interested in trying out for any travel baseball team will be provided the opportunity to attend development sessions for their respected age group beginning in March. These are free of cost as long as you registered and paid your membership fee. Stay tuned for more details regarding this opportunity.
The tryout process for travel teams will take place over a 2-3 day period, with the selection of teams completed by an independent group of evaluators. Those that do not make the AAA team will have the option to then tryout for the AA team of that age group. A player also has the option to tryout for just the AA team. You will have the opportunity to review the schedule for each team in order to make an informed decision on playing travel baseball. If numbers do not allow for a local league option, all players will be placed on a AA travel team.
Click on the following Links for more details:
Note: This registration is for the association membership fee, which entitles one player to attend travel team development sessions in March, tryout for travel teams, and for one player to participate in the local league. There are additional fees for travel team participation.